Football At NPLSC is run by two Sections, Senior and Youth
The present Senior NPL Football Club developed from Bushy House FC and was formed in 1912 by employees of the National Physical Laboratory. In it's early years the club played in the Civil Service League, Middlesex County Amateur League and in the South West Middlesex League until 1948. At that time the club joined the Nemean League in the Amateur Football Alliance, before joining the Kingston and District League (KDL) in 1964. In the years that followed, the club expanded to reach a peak of six Saturday sides and two playing on Sundays.
The First and Second XIs were founder members of the Surrey South Eastern Combination League (SSEC) in 1991, but unfortunately were forced to withdraw soon after, as a result of internal club difficulties and moved back to the KDL. A few years of consolidation saw the club regain their position in intermediate football, in the SSEC.
In recent years the club has developed well and the First XI has reached the final of the Middlesex Intermediate Cup twice and the Surrey Intermediate Cup, unfortunately finishing as runner up on each occasion.
Currently we NPL fields two sides in the SSEC, the First XI playing in Division One, while the Reserves play in Junior Division One. The Third and Fourth XIs continue in the KDL, playing in Divisions Two and Three respectively. We also have a very active Vets side who turn out on Sunday Mornings and a flourishing Youth Section. The Football Club is now the largest of the eleven different sports sections within the parent NPL Sports Club and enjoys excellent facilities, which include two first class pitches, widely praised, and a new pavilion, club house and bar.
The Officers of the Club are elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting.
More information on Senior Football: NPLFC Seniors Website
More information on Youth Football: NPL Youth Football Website